It’s not a wonderful life at all without Kermit. Guests: Lindy Kempe, Adam Jurotich, Erik Johnson. Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
🎄 It’s 2002, and we’re trapped in a horrifying world where Kermit the Frog doesn’t exist.
Join us for a spectacular, spectacular Christmas Eve extravaganza starring Kermit in the George Bailey role of the Muppets’ perfectly silly take on “It’s a Wonderful Life,” also featuring Joan Cusack, David Arquette, Matthew Lillard, the cast of “Scrubs,” and Whoopi Goldberg as God, Herself.
Lindy Kempe (@ieatvideogames, 📸 @pinkmedley).
Adam Jurotich (The Ambassadors of Harmony, 📸 @adam_sr).
Erik Johnson (Erik Johnson Illustrator, 📸 @erikjohnsonillustrator).
1. Muppet Wiki’s list of similarities between this special and 2011’s “The Muppets.”
2. Joe Snow.
3. Hoggle from “Labyrinth” at the Unclaimed Baggage Center.
4. Director Kirk Thatcher as the punk on the bus in “Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home” and ”Picard.”
5. Jonathan Bruce, who’d later appear in “Elf.”
6. Deleted scenes include more of Carson Daly, Santa, and a lost cut scene with Snoop Dogg.
7. The giant Bossmen Muppets.
8. A scheduling conflict robbed this movie of actual Steve Irwin.
9. Fozzie as “that green guy who stole Christmas.”
10. Today’s TV Tropes: Celestial Bureaucracy, Laser Hallway, and Lampshade Wearing.
11. The Yoda Muppet has his own Muppet Wiki entry.
12. So does Amy, the Dancing Brick!
13. The World Trade Center in alternate timeline Piggy’s apartment window, and that’s not the worst part of that scene.
Mastercard Priceless Getaway Sweepstakes Commercial starring The Muppets, 2002.
Acid Washed Memories, a retro pop-culture celebration podcast starting January 9, 2023.
“It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie” © 2002 The Jim Henson Company.
Theme song by Bronwen’s Ghost.
Full show notes and social links at adventcalendar.house.