A retelling of the first Thanksgiving as square as the wheels on the Q*horse and buggy Pilgrim Q*bert wants to win. Guests: Tom Coombs, Jayme Kilsby, Chad Young. Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
🦃 It’s 1983, and we’re spending Thanksgiving in July at the Saturday Supercade. Join us as we take a cue from Q*bert and pals and try to stay on topic as they learn how to build a Q home in a Q land.
Chad Young (The Horror Movie BBQ, TPIF: Thank Pod It’s Funny, @horrormoviebbq).
Tom Coombs (The Pop Daddy, @thepopdaddy).
Jayme Kilsby (@brainexploderrr).
1. We all tried to remember who brought up the Q*bert special last year while talking about A Thanksgiving Tale, and we were all wrong.
2. Even Kangaroo got a Saturday Supercade segment eventually.
3. Peter Cullen was the first voice of Mario in the Donkey Kong segment.
4. The Kingdom Chums: Little David’s Adventure, an animated retelling of David and Goliath featuring Billy Bowles (Q*bert) as a stuffed lion come to life.
5. Pauline and her return in Super Mario Odyssey.
6. We accidentally introduce Chad to Spookley, the Square Pumpkin.
7. They gave the snakes arms!
8. Viper has a Mae West voice, which leads into a tangent about Quasi at the Quackadero.
9. Chief Q*Eagle reminded me of Randall Cunningham’s name in Tecmo Super Bowl.
10. Saturday Supercade’s extensive use of the Hanna-Barbera Sound Effects Library.
11. Home Movies: “Don’t Put Marbles in Your Nose.”
12. Mike guests on TPIF: Thank Pod It’s Funny to discuss the Perfect Strangers Thanksgiving episode, Wild Turkey.
John Wanamaker’s 1988 Thanksgiving Sale.
Tis the Podcast.
“Saturday Supercade,” “Q*bert,” and “Thanksgiving for the Memories” © 1983 Ruby-Spears Productions.
Say hi on Twitter and Instagram.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.