Advent Calendar House
Lamb Chop’s Special Chanukah
Sock puppets teach Pat Morita and Alan Thicke about Hanukkah. Guest: Sarah Shay.
Day 4: Hanukkah is here, so here are some sock puppets hanging out with Mr. Miyagi, the dad from Growing Pains, and the mayor of Gotham City in 1995’s “Lamb Chop’s Special Chanukah.”
On This Episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), floating disembodied head who can’t stop correcting his own word usage.
- Sarah Shay (@thesarahshay) from the Pilot House podcast.
Topics and Tangents
- The special audio featured here is from a YouTube upload by some guy holding his iPad’s camera up to his TV screen.
- Shari Lewis’s amazing single-color red dreamcoat and stylin’ menorah.
- Pat Morita: Dad joke connoisseur.
- Lamb Chop’s horrifying face membrane rupture that makes her cry like a Super Soaker.
- Alan Thicke being Alan Thicke on “Celebrity Family Feud.”
- Lamb Chop in the Haunted Studio, an earlier Halloween special also featuring Alan Thicke.
- Charlie Horse’s prize-winning superhero, the stuff of someone’s very specific nightmares.
- They almost make it through a whole Hanukkah special without mentioning Christmas, but blow it at the end for no reason.
Previous Episodes of This Podcast Mentioned
After this episode
Check out Sarah’s 2 new albums!
- You Have Queer Street Cred
- The Shay & Shay Radio Hour
The Advent Calendar House is on the web at adventcalendar.house, on Twitter @adventcalhouse, and part of the Christmas Podcast Network.