Big Bird worries Santa’s unfit for skinny chimneys, and Mr. Hooper spends Hanukkah saving Christmas. Guests: Erin Evans, Joey O. Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
It’s Christmas Eve! Tune in as we bring Advent to a close with the first Christmas special I ever remember watching, from 1978.
Erin Evans (@mserinmevans).
Joey O. (Y-Not Radio, Words with Nerds, @ImGonnaDJ24).
1. My taped copy of this is interrupted in the middle by a WHYY telethon with Philadelphia TV legend Ed Cunningham.
2. The Count’s amazing ice-skating cape.
3. The wibbly-wobbly physics of Oscar’s trash can.
4. Olivia married the Predator.
5. An actual clue into how to get to Sesame Street.
6. A cameo by the seldom remembered Mr. Macintosh.
7. If you want to go read about Northern Calloway (David) and his off-screen troubles and tragic death, go right ahead.
8. The adorable 2-year-old girl too little for her own vocabulary trying to explain that Santa pushes a magic button to go down chimneys is now in her 40s.
9. Don’t Eat the Pictures: Sesame Street at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
10. An oral history of Mr. Snuffleupagus’s revelation as not imaginary.
11. Oscar holds a broom like it’s Not His Broom.
12. Ernie’s pajamas look like the background of the “Trololo” video.
13. Joey makes my Christmas by assuring me I didn’t imagine The Candy Apple News Company.
Listen to my guest appearance on the Two Bad Neighbors podcast discussing my favorite Christmas-adjacent episode of The Simpsons, Marge Be Not Proud.
Then go relax or take a nap or something. Hope you enjoy your Christmas!
“Christmas Eve on Sesame Street” © 1978 Children’s Television Workshop.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.
Say hi on Twitter @adventcalhouse.