Happy Back to the Future Day! Guests: Joey O., Joseph Wade. Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
🎄 Happy Back to the Future Day! Set your time circuits to 1845 by way of 1991 for a special Christmas in July episode of the Back to the Future Saturday morning cartoon, featuring hologram clothes, the hoverboard equivalent to texting while driving, and Bill Nye the Science Guy.
The actually animated segments of the animated series feature Dan Castelleneta as Doc, plus the return of Thomas F. Wilson (Batman: The Animated Series) as various Tannens throughout history, and Christmas movie all-star Mary Steenburgen (Elf, One Magic Christmas) as Clara.
Joey O.(Y-Not Radio, Words With Nerds, @imgonnadj24).
Joseph Wade (Christmas Creeps, The O/S/T Party, @cordialwombat).
1. Mary Steenburgen playing Informer on the accordion in Last Man on Earth.
2. Series art director James S. Baker storyboards his own blog.
3. The Back to the Future pinball game and its random movie quotes.
4. Futurepedia on how Doc’s clothing converter camera works.
5. Weird things we did as kids to show our parents we were responsible.
6. Some toys in Fedgewick’s shop shouldn’t be there yet in 1845.
7. Did We Wish You a Merry Christmas exist in 1845? Possibly, but not the version we know.
8. Doc’s wad of cash vs. England’s bank notes circa 1845.
9. Wilkins’s dog looks like 1980s T-shirt icon Rude Dog.
10. My Back to the Future-themed Good Friday and Easter Sunday tweets.
11. The closest thing we could find to a Kaiju Christmas movie is 1962’s Gorath.
Back to the Future: The Ride at Universal Studios Florida, 1996.
Hi-C Ecto Cooler Commercial, 1989, starring David Kaufmann, the voice of Marty.
“Back to the Future,” the Animated Series, and “Dickens of a Christmas” © 1991 Universal Cartoon Studios / Amblin Television.
Say hi on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.