It’s been a while, but we’re back with style. Guests: Steven Tsapelas, Sean Sotka. Findshow notes at https://adventcalendar.house
🎄 It’s time for toys and time for cheer as the Advent Calendar House begins another 12-episode countdown to Christmas in July, starting by rewinding at twice the normal speed back to 1981 to revisit the Christmas special that helped kick off the revival of Alvin and the Chipmunks.
Steven Tsapelas (Wizards: The Podcast Guide to Comics, @StevenStaples81).
Sean Sotka (The Christmas Podcasts Podcast, @xander0527).
1. Steven’s story of accidentally erasing his VHS recording of this special, only to find another recording of the same broadcast years later.
2. The History of the Chipmunks (RIP The Hourchive).
3. Witch Doctor.
4. R.J. Williams (Tommy) was 3 years old in this special.
5. Wake, Rattle, & Roll, also starring R.J. Williams.
6. Dave’s 3-story Victorian mansion seen only in this special and never again.
7. Yes, the Chipmunks wear pants.
8. Vintage Echo harmonicas are real, but good luck finding a gold one.
9. Selling photos of Santa with dogs dressed as reindeer looks way more fun than selling dollar store junk door-to-door.
10. Clyde Crashcup invented a popular Simpsons joke.
11. Today’s TV trope: Talking in Your Sleep.
12. Paw Patrol makes no sense.
A Chipmunk Christmas Soundtrack Album, 1981.
7up Countdown to Christmas Posters, 1986.
“A Chipmunk Christmas” © 1981 Bagdasarian Productions.
Say hi on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.