We counted all the Muppets in the farmhouse. It’s a lot. Guest: Carlin Trammel (Nerd Lunch). Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
To mark the 30th anniversary of the shredded wheat and cranberry sauce of TV specials, we take a head count of every unexpected guest Fozzie Bear’s mother graciously welcomed into her home on Christmas Eve, 1987. It’s a lot.
Carlin Trammel (Nerd Lunch, Dragonfly Ripple, @nerdlunch).
1. We try and piece together the various home video cuts and music rights issues.
2. The dizzying continuity issues surrounding the Muppet Babies.
3. Can you say “OshKosh B’gosh”?
4. A milk PSA and the world’s most forward-thinking bullies.
5. Osvaldo el Gruñón, Oscar the Grouch’s Puerto Rican counterpart.
6. Parting words from the guy with the beard doing the dishes.
“A Muppet Family Christmas” © 1987 Jim Henson Productions.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.
Say hi on Twitter @adventcalhouse.