Advent Calendar House - A Holiday TV Specials Podcast
Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas
Live from the Turducken Hunger Games. Guests: Drew Crowley, John Dedeke.
Day 19: We attempt to make sense of time, space, and the Disney fowl food chain as we watch the 1999 special, “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmas.”
On This Episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), a water fowl trapped in an endless time loop in a cabin in the woods
- Drew Crowley (@pizzanautgo) of The Hourchive.
- John Dedeke (@johndedeke), also of The Hourchive, and Long Weekend.
Topics and Tangents
- Donald Duck’s comically enormous, fanmade family tree.
- Happy “Duck to the Future” Day!
- The “Quack Pack” intro will tell you everything you need to know about “Quack Pack.”
- Does Donald’s Christmas cabin exist in a turducken thunderdome?
- Donald Jr., a tiny, semi-realistic duck introduced in “Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.”
- The Fab Five supposedly live in the fictional U.S. state of Calisota, on the Pacific coast.
- Pete has been a cat this entire time!
- Pete smokes a cigar, something since reportedly banned from Disney movies, despite still showing up in Disney movies.
- Recycled animation alert: Mickey’s wacky, tongue-waggling dance first appeared in 1942’s “Mickey’s Birthday Party.”
Previous Episode of This Podcast Mentioned
You can visit the Advent Calendar House on the web at adventcalendar.house, on Twitter @adventcalhouse, and on the Christmas Podcast Network.