It’s a wonderful night for eyebrows. Guests: James Riley, Ethan “the Hungry Reader.” Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
🎃 It’s spooky time as we wheel our paraphernalia wagon back to 1977 for a Grinch Night we’ll never forget.
James Riley (@yourbuddyspooky).
Ethan (The Hungry Reader, A Special Presentation or ALF Will Not Be Seen Tonight, @TeeAitchAre).
1. Halloween is Grinch Night on the Dr. Seuss Wiki.
2. The worst, non-candy Halloween treats.
3. Carlton, Your Doorman.
4. This special’s music was by Sesame Street composer Joe Raposo.
5. Hans Conried (The Grinch) was also the titular character in Dr. Seuss’s The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T.
6. I badly describe the plot of Midnight Madness.
7. The Hakken-Kraks in Oh, the Places You’ll Go.
8. Is the Grinch’s magic only active on Grinch Night?
9. The Euphemism, and other words I thought Dr. Seuss made up.
10. An ode to the Whos' videophone.
11. Dr. Seuss Goes to War, and other creators of great works doing terrible things.
12. Bogleech’s gallery of the Grinch’s monsters, and our personal favorites.
13. The Vug under the Rug, the Jibboo, and the Birthday Bird.
14. Danse macabre.
15. Is this a prequel? And where does The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat fit?
Franken Berry and Monster Cereals, 1986, preserved by Dinosaur Dracula.
Holly Jolly X’masu.
“Halloween is Grinch Night” © 1977 DePatie–Freleng Enterprises.
Say hi on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.