Ho-ho-ho-ing is half the battle. Guest: Joey O. Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
🎄 S-s-season’s greetings-s-s! You better watch out, because today we’re kindly rewinding back to a 1985 Christmas episode of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, entitled Cobra CLAWs Are Coming to Town.
Joey O. (Y-Not Radio, Words With Nerds, @ImGonnaDJ24).
1. We don’t even get 4 minutes into this without talking about the U.S.S. Flagg.
2. Crossfire comes up for no reason.
3. A brief history of the G.I. Joe toy line, from “America’s Movable Fighting Man” to the Adventure Team, to “A Real American Hero.”
4. The Toys That Made Us on Netflix.
5. The “opening monologue that explains the show” has nothing on Voltron’s.
6. Neil Ross (Shipwreck, Dusty, and Buzzer in this episode) has an audio camero in “Weird Al” Yankovic’s I Can’t Watch This.
7. Joey’s interviews with Pat Fraley (Wild Weasel), Gregg Berger (Firefly), Michael Bell (Duke, Blowtorch, Major Bludd), and Rob Paulsen (Tripwire, his earliest known voice credit).
8. The Viper is Coming is both our favorite G.I. Joe episode and my dad’s favorite dad joke.
9. King Koopa’s Kool Kartoons, starring Christopher Collins, a.k.a. Chris Latta, the voice of Cobra Commander.
10. We try and find Keystone City, which may or may not be somewhere in eastern Pennsylvania.
11. The titular Cobra CLAW (Covert Light Aerial Weapon), an odd name for a Cobra vehicle, because snakes don’t have claws.
12. The Definitive Ranking of all 25 Fensler G.I. Joe Parodies, by DailyDot.
William “The Refrigerator” Perry G.I. Joe Action Figure, 1987.
“G.I. Joe” and “Cobra CLAWs Are Coming to Town” © 1985 Hasbro, Inc.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.
Say hi on Twitter @adventcalhouse.