“Whoever invented Christmas trees should be drug out into the street and shot.” —A cartoon for children. Guest: Jeff Somogyi. Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
Let’s have a good, old-fashioned Christmas down on the farm in 1987’s A Garfield Christmas Special, featuring the voices of Squiggy and Ursula.
Jeff Somogyi (Talkin’ Chopp, Down the Rabbit Hole, @sommerjam).
1. Joey O. interviews Gregg Berger, the voice of Odie.
2. On lasagna as a Christmas food and how including shrimp as one of the Seven Fishes is cheating, you cheaters.
3. Dinosaur Dracula identifies all the presents in Garfield’s dream.
4. Going long on the dinner prayer, plus the perfect gift for Grandma: an engraved grace-stoppin’ spoon.
5. “Weird Al” Yankovic’s The Night Santa Went Crazy is better than Christmas at Ground Zero. There. I said it.
6. The simultaneously best and worst line in the history of animated Christmas specials for children.
7. How does Binky, the Clown who Saved Christmas, save Christmas?
8. Jeff wanted a ringtone of that blaring trumpet when Garfield looks down from the top of the Christmas tree, so here it is!
“A Garfield Christmas Special” © 1987 United Feature Syndicate, Inc.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.
Say hi on Twitter @adventcalhouse.