Advent Calendar House - TV Holiday & Christmas Specials
The First Easter Rabbit
Surprise bonus episode! Not even Easter specials are safe from leaning heavily on Santa. Guest: Brandon Medley.
We’re back! This surprise bonus episode covers the 1976 Rankin/Bass special, The First Easter Rabbit, which despite its name and main theme, still relies heavily on Christmas.
On This Episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), meticulous ice wizard who, like the Sith, deals in absolutes.
- Brandon Medley (@brandmed), worried talking snowball from Blessed are the Geek.
Topics and Tangents
- A very obvious and very uncredited Velveteen Rabbit connection.
- Easter Valley’s odd location next door to the North Pole, and Rankin/Bass’ habit of giving bad directions.
- They named the talking snowball “Br-r-ruce,” a joke I didn’t notice until JUST NOW.
You can visit the Advent Calendar House on the web at adventcalendar.house and on Twitter @adventcalhouse.