Advent Calendar House
Sealab 2021: Feast of Alvis
A penny’ll start a fire. Guest: Zac Shipley
CONTENT WARNING: If you usually let your children listen to your podcast feed with you, you may want to get the kids out of the pool for this one as we dive into a very festive, very inappropriate 2002 episode of the Adult Swim cartoon “Sealab 2021” to wage war on the “Feast of Alvis.”
On This Episode
- Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), baby with a gun cooking over a floodlight.
- Zac Shipley (@zacshipley), a miraculous miracle incarnate.
Topics and Tangents
- “Sealab 2020,” the very different, very boring 1972 cartoon that serves as the butt of “Sealab 2021’s” joke.
- The usual “Sealab” theme song by Calamine is absent here to make room in the stable for the story of the birth of Alvis.
- The Church of Alvis, a blog last updated in 2007 with a cliffhanger, but the faithful still await that day with patience.
- Alvisism as explained by Sealab Wiki, which also exists.
- A series of quotes from this episode made into animated gif icons and posted on LiveJournal. This show is a very specific sort of old.
“Sealab 2021” and “Feast of Alvis” ©2002 Cartoon Network.
The Advent Calendar House is on the web at adventcalendar.house, on Twitter @adventcalhouse, and part of the Christmas Podcast Network.