Santa’s sleigh is grounded in the original video game crash. Guests: Lindy, Alicia. Find links and complete show notes at: https://adventcalendar.house/episodes/christmas-comes-to-pacland
The Advent Calendar House kicks off another Christmas countdown by rewinding back to 1982, when Santa found himself stranded in Pac-Man’s neighborhood in the original video game crash.
WARNING: This episode contains spoilers about Santa Claus from 11:25 to 13:30.
Full show notes with links at https://adventcalendar.house/episodes/christmas-comes-to-pacland
• Mike Westfall (@fallwestmike), apparently necessary police officer in a town named after its own savior.
• Lindy (@ieatvideogames), and
• Alicia (@thinkbluee), the Sour Puss and Chomp-Chomp to my Pac-Baby.
• Santa is flying with 8 reindeer, including Rudolph. Who got the night off?
• Why some reindeer actually have red noses.
• This might be the first time a Christmas special shows Santa using a computer.
• Russi Taylor’s Pac-Baby has the same voice she later used as Robin in Muppet Babies.
• No one in Pacland knows about Christmas, but the Ghost Monsters know Jingle Bells.
• Absent from this special is the Ghost Monsters’ boss, Mezmaron.
• Pac-Man Cereal (1984).
• Chef Boyardee Pac-Man Pasta Commercial (1984).
• A Bomb for Christmas, made for podcast Christmas movie by Tim Babb of the Can’t Wait for Christmas Podcast, co-starring Mike as “Captain Willis.”
Christmas Comes to Pacland © 1982 Hanna-Barbera Productions.
Find the Advent Calendar House on Twitter and Instagram.