Who is Easter Bunny? OMG, Bear is Easter Bunny! How can that be? Guests: Alan Johnson, Emily Rowley. Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
🐰 Hop, hop, hop with us back to 1981 for our first trip to Bear Country, which it turns out was built on top of the Easter Bunny’s industrial nightmare factory.
Alan Johnson (Two Bad Neighbors – A Simpsons Podcast, Talespin Trivia, @AlanJ).
Emily Rowley (smiling politely, @mlerowley).
1. The Berenstain Bears’ Easter Surprise on the official YouTube channel.
2. Yes, we all collectively mispronounced “Berenstain.”
3. The VHS cover, for reference.
4. The Berenstain Bears: The Very First Easter, being the story of the Passion and Resurrection of Jesus, who is also a bear.
5. Inside the Berenstain Bears’ Tree House.
6. The widest tree in the world, for comparison.
7. Things this special has in common with Steel Magnolias: Knowl Johnson and dozens of broken Easter eggs.
8. An ode to the Bear Family’s tiny, antique, circular porthole TV set.
9. Today’s TV Trope: Packed Hero.
10. Mr. Mike’s Mondo Video, featuring young Zachary Danziger (Bill Bunny) and a host of way more familiar names.
Kellogg’s Raisin Bran: Morgan the Mockingbird Commercial, 1981, preserved from the original airing of this special.
Mike on the Two Bad Neighbors podcast for Marge Be Not Proud and Monty Can’t Buy Me Love.
“The Berenstain Bears’ Easter Surprise” © 1981 Joseph Cates Co., Inc.
Say hi on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.