A big bowl of sad with a side of poached cat. Guest: Jeff Somogyi. Find show notes at https://adventcalendar.house
Remember ALF? He’s back, in podcast form! Tune in as we salute ALF’s two-part Christmas special from 1987, the single most depressing special starring a wisecracking alien puppet of all time.
Content Warning: In this Christmas special, the goofy alien with the jokes meets a terminally ill child and a man contemplating suicide.
Jeff Somogyi (Talkin’ Chopp, Down the Rabbit Hole, @sommerjam).
1. The heartbreaking true story behind ALF’s Special Christmas.
2. A study in human ignorance: Gordon Shumway has a name, which he’s told everyone, yet everyone still calls him HEY ALIEN!
3. A study in willful alien ignorance: ALF opens everyone else’s Christmas gifts and succeeds in convincing me it’s because he doesn’t know how any of this works.
4. Talking ALF: The Storytelling Alien.
5. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.
“ALF’s Special Christmas” © 1987 Alien Productions.
Full show notes with links at adventcalendar.house.
Say hi on Twitter @adventcalhouse.